Our MRE Meals
Cuisine for African and Middle Eastern profiles
In selecting the range of items offered to individuals from the African and middle Eastern areas, considerable research was undertaken to identify food groups, ingredients and spices used in the different areas in the preparation of the food
Furthermore the food types were investigated and items were selected to suit the MRE format. The menus were also formulated to suit local taste and menus can be adjusted to account for added chili and spice.
Our Food Quality
No expense has been spared in the selection of meat and vegetables and we prepare our meals using the same meat as is found in the leading premier supermarkets in South Africa.
Beef used in our MRE
To achieve the highest quality we ensure our beef maintains the following standards.
- Strict supplier checks- We only use approved abattoirs and suppliers who comply with strict criteria relating to standards of hygiene; structure and maintenance; total quality management; and ethics.
- Annual audits- Our abattoirs and suppliers undergo independent annual audits on hygiene and people ethics.
- Stringent hygiene standards -Our suppliers perform constant checks on the temperature of raw materials, pH levels post slaughter, and micro-organism and bacteria counts of raw materials, and ensure traceability throughout processing.
- Animal welfare Animal- Welfare is a high priority and we do have regular audits at farms and abattoirs to ensure that the animals are treated as humanely as possible.
- Traceability and grades- We don’t want you to be confused about what meat you’re eating, so we specify the grade of meat used in every product. Our meat is also traceable to the abattoir.
Chicken used in our MRE
- Chicken feed- Our chickens feed on a diet that is free from animal by-products and consists only of grains and pulses.
- Matured for succulence- Our skinless breast fillets are matured on the bone for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure that the meat is tender and succulent. When we mature the breast fillets, the enzymes naturally present in the poultry meat, start breaking down the proteins and tenderize the meat so that you get juicy chicken breasts, every time.
- Air-chilled chicken- We air-chill our chickens, rather than water chill. Air chilling helps to maintain the natural juices and flavor of the chicken with no excess water absorption. This means you're only paying for chicken, and not water.
- Perfectly trimmed -We, we are perfectionists when it comes to removing unwanted excess fat, skin and bone.
- Guaranteed freshness- We perform extensive microbial testing on the chicken we prepare for you, which means we guarantee its freshness and safety, every time.
- Animal welfare- Animal welfare is a high priority and we have regular audits at farms and abattoirs to ensure that the animals are treated humanely. We also have a documented set of animal welfare standards to which each and every farmer and producer must comply.
Our meals are prepared in accordance with strict ISO 2002 guidelines with complete traceability, record keeping and exceptional standards of hygiene. The manufacturing facility has an in-house laboratory to ensure regular testing and all batches are sent for outside testing for and extra check for quality. All regulatory tests are also conducted to ensure all aspects of food pass the minimum levels
Beef Curry and Beans 200g
Chicken Curry 200g
Beef Curry and Beans 200g
Beef Samp and Beans 300g
Chicken à la King - 200g
Beef Pasta 300g
Chicken Pasta 300g
Chicken Biryani 300g
- Hits: 4564